Wow, this year has flown by extremely quickly and New Year’s Eve is around the corner! It’s easy to get so consumed with Christmas preparations that you forget to put together what is both your last outfit of 2017 and first outfit of 2018. Outside of birthdays, this is probably one of the most photographed days of the year and therefore, what we wear is so important! I’ve put together a variety of budget-friendly pieces from shops that offer both online and in-store options (no one likes expedited shipping fees!) so you can stop worrying about your NYE look and focus on setting your goals for the year 🙂 or, practice executing the perfect selfie angle.
I love dresses for the simple fact that they are a one and done deal with no worries of how to style it with additional pieces.
- This green off the shoulder sequin dress is both festive and flirty with a sweetheart neckline. ($44.90)
- A metallic silver long sleeve sequin dress is a show stopper that will look great with sheer black tights and there is no need for accessories. A sleek bun or ponytail is all that’s needed to complete this look. ($54.90)
- If you’re attending a more formal event, this long sleeve green velvet knee length dress offers a classy yet flirty look with a low v-cut back. A chunky gold necklace or statement earrings are the perfect finishing touch. ($59.99)
- This feathered dress is on the pricier side, but it is so adorable, I could not not share with you guys. (sale price of $227.01)
FESTIVE TOPS & BOTTOMS
If you’re not into dresses for NYE, no worries. Metallics, sparkles, and patterns can upgrade any top or bottom to an #instagramworthy look. My general rule of thumb is if I’m wearing a loud statement-making top, I’ll counter it with a simple bottom (or vice versa). And my go-to bottoms are typically a faux leather skirt or pants just because they’re easy to style and easy to clean should someone spill on you. With that being said, I also love mixing textures and patterns so if you feel comfortable and there is a flow of the pieces, by all means, go for it!
- This metallic crop top ($28.00) has a sexy deep v plunge and bell sleeves. For a simple look, pair it with high waisted faux leather pants or skirt or build on the look with white bottoms. If you want to go all out, this does have matching high-low flared bottoms.
- I absolutely love this metallic sequin bell sleeve top ($38.00)that comes in green and rose gold. I would let this top steal the show and pair it with a leather skirt (on sale for $19.99), tights and over-the-knee boots ($44.99).
- This semi-sheer black ruffled blouse ($29.99) can be kept simple with high-waisted black jeans or add some metallic to the look with these gunmetal faux leather skinnies ($17.90). It would also look great with a patent leather red skirt ($24.99), fishnet tights and black booties.
- I appreciate the flexibility of this cropped sequin sweater (on major sale for $39.99) because it can be worn for a chill night in jeans at home with your beau or the family but it can also be dressed up with this shimmering silver metallic skirt (on sale for $17.99).
- This fringed top (on major sale for $39.99) is so fun and fabulous!
- Silver or black glittery pants ($12.99) are festive and fun. I have these bottoms in gold and wore them with a white draped blouse for the day and a black low scoop bodysuit for the night. (There are photos below)
- Not into glitter? These silver metallic pants ($24.99) will keep you festive without the sparkle.
- This multi-textured skirt (sale price, $39.99) is so artistic. The blue, green and black sequins mesh together so well and the fringe really brings the whole piece together. A simple black top with exaggerated sleeves or a super low plunge is perfect.
SHOW STOPPIN’ SHOES
If you like to keep your whole look simple, make a statement with your accessories. And yes, this includes your shoes. Check out some of my favorite picks below from Agaci. Use their discount code SANTA30 for 30% off everything.
- Metallic gold or fuchsia sequin platforms ($32.90)
- Metallic gold or wine sequin pump ($26.90)
- Rose gold or silver beaded open toe heeled sandal ($32.90)
FAUX FUR FLARE
Faux fur has made a huge statement this season and I am all here for it. Adding a faux fur jacket or stole to your look will make for epic photo ops and even though it’s not real fur, will also make you feel like a VIP. Not to mention, it will also keep you warm if that even matters. With the major after Christmas sale going on at Zara, you may be able to snag a premium faux fur jacket or accessory at a decent price point. The sale is online and in stores so don’t wait too late to take advantage!
- Oversized jacket in cream ($44.90)
- Jacket in white/orange ($47.90)
- Faux fur scarf in green or black ($17.90)
- Perfect for NYE: a faux fur keychain that is also a power charger for your phone! ($12.90)
Helpful Style Tips:
- While a faux fur jacket is a great addition to a look, don’t let it be your look. Some venues require you to coat check when it comes to big nights like NYE and you want your look to be complete without it.
- Accessories are your best friend. While you don’t want to over-accessorize, NYE is a great time to wear that chunky necklace or long fringed, patterned and jeweled earrings to bring a simple look to the next level.
- Maintain a balance between your outfit, accessories, and makeup. It might be NYE, but there are still limits. Pick your focus – whether it is heavy accessories, heavy makeup or a loud outfit. You should stay away from hitting all three.
- Wear comfortable shoes. This is an evening of late night dancing and drinking so shoes are extremely important. All shoes I linked above have decent sized heels and the platforms offer extra stability. I definitely recommend walking around in a new pair of shoes to break them in and make sure there aren’t any surprises later.
- If you’re going to be at a highly populated venue and don’t have an area to sit, you may want to stick to closed toe shoes. Getting your toes stepped on throughout the night is not fun and it will ruin your pedicure, *tear*
New Year’s celebrations are always fun to look forward to. Wishing you a safe and great night that starts a new year with positive vibes!